The Glendale Woman’s Club played an important part in the social and cultural development of Glendale.
Started in 1901 as the “Self Culture Club,” the Woman’s Club raised money for the first city library and city parks. The Glendale Woman’s Club building is also one of the best examples of the Craftsman Bungalow style in Glendale. The club hired Thornton Fitzhugh, a prominent Arizona architect and brother of the Glendale Methodist Church’s architect, to design the building. Contractors imported California redwood for the building, which the club dedicated in 1913. In addition to Woman’s Club activities, the building was the largest meeting hall in the community. The club still owns and uses the building. The Glendale Woman’s Club is available for events ranging from get-togethers and reunions to meetings and wedding receptions.
|ADDRESS:||7032 N. 56th Ave. Glendale, AZ 85301|
|MAILING ADDRESS:||PO Box 684 Glendale, AZ 85311|